PTSO- Parent Teacher Student Organization
The PTSO is made up of volunteers who dedicate many hours to ensure that our children and families have a wonderful enriching experience at Doral Academy.
Even if its just a little, every bit helps to keep this community going!
With your support, the PTSO is able to assist the school in the following ways:
- Staff Support: The PTSO provides volunteers for a variety of events throughout the school year.
- Staff Appreciation: Together we show the teachers and staff our appreciation for all they do for our students by coordinating Teacher Appreciation Day, Birthday Recognitions, and providing lunches throughout the school year.
- Community Building: The PTSO sponsors community-wide events to bring parents and families together and build community among Doral families.
- Financial Support: ALL funds raised by the PTSO throughout the school year is given directly back to the school!
Some of our current positions:
- Room Parent Coordinator: Recruits and assigns Room Parents to teachers. Acts as a liaison of the PTSO to provide guidance and communication to Room Parents.
- Teacher Appreciation Chair: Coordinate Teacher Appreciation Day and teacher birthdays.
- Membership Coordinator: Recruit PTSO members, keep member information up to date.
- Website Specialist: Site management of PTSO link in Doral website and online store via Shopify.
- Communications Specialist: Coordinate (and create when applicable) distribution of flyers (make copies, collate and stuff teacher boxes).
- Yearbook Chair: Coordinate the completion of the yearbook (more details and responsibilities still to be determined).
- Fundraising Coordinator: Assists and creates fundraising events throughout the year (to include dine outs, school wide fundraisers etc.).
- Sponsorship Specialist: Find individuals and businesses interested in providing donations. Research and apply for grants available.
- Book Fair Chair: Coordinate Book Fairs with Scholastic and plan/execute in person or virtual event.
- Special Events Chairperson: This person will coordinate and set up sub-committees for events such as Trunk or Treat, Spring Fling etc. when applicable).
If you would like to be a part of our Parent Teacher Student Organization, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com and introduce yourself! We would LOVE to have you!
Together, we can do SO much more!!!